Module Three - Pesticides and Adult Onset Diseases
In this module, we will learn how pesticide exposures occur and their role in creating conditions for the development of the more common neurological and/or metabolic disorders such as autism, Alzheimer's, and ADHD.
1. Recognize the agricultural commodities most likely to contain organophosphate pesticide residues.
2. Describe how chlorine is used as a pesticide in agriculture and food manufacturing processes.
3. Explain how co-exposures can impact health and development.
4. Become familiar with the role of certain pesticides in creating the problem of antibiotic resistant organisms or super bacteria.
5. Explain how you can eliminate or reduce your exposure to pesticides.
1. Read Chapter 3 of your Unsafe At Any Meal book.