During this module of instruction, you will learn how a substance becomes toxic or unsafe. Many substances do not become harmful until a threshold of exposure is reached and your body reacts. Every human being is genetically different. An exposure to a substance may be safe for one person but toxic to another.
1. Describe what makes a substance toxic.
2. Recognize the risk assessment process is not reliable.
3. Describe the dangers of over-fluoridation.
4. Explain how the bioaccumulation of heavy metals may occur in your body.
5. Explain why toxic substances are dangerous to health.
1. Read Chapter 1 of your Unsafe At Any Meal book.