Food Ingredient and Health Research Institute
Improving Human Health One Person at a Time
What and Who We Are
What We Believe
Our Mission Statement
Our Board of Directors
Ingredients of Concern
Food Color FAQs
High Fructose Corn Syrup
Fort Peck Clinical Trial
Parent Diet Tutorial
Safe & Healthy Diet Tutor
Module Three - Pesticides and Adult Onset Diseases
In this module, we will learn how pesticide exposures occur and their role in creating conditions for the development of the more common neurological and metabolic diseases.
1. Recognize the agricultural commodities most likely to contain organophosphate pesticide residues.
2. Describe how chlorine is used as a pesticide in agriculture and food manufacturing processes.
3. Explain how co-exposures can impact health and development.
4. Become familiar with the role of certain pesticides in creating the problem of antibiotic resistant organisms or super bacteria.
5. Explain how you can eliminate or reduce your exposure to pesticides.
1. Read Chapter 3 of your
Unsafe At Any Meal
2. Review the FIHRI webpage on pesticides at the following link and confirm the references support the findings presented by FIHRI.
3. Survey your kitchen cupboards and refrigerator and make a list of all of the foods and food products likely to contain pesticide residues.
4. Answer the discussion questions and talk about them with your friend or group.
1. What evidence is there to suggest that pesticide exposure is linked to the development of neurological disease? Provide two references.
2. What are examples of co-exposures and how might they impact health or development?
3. Based on your kitchen survey findings, share with your friend or group what you can do to reduce your exposure to pesticides.
Module Four [Enter Here]
Copyright June 2015 by Food Ingredient and Health Research Institute, PO Box 1055, Naalehu, HI, 96772
Email questions or concerns to Renee Dufault at email@example.com