In this module, you will learn how pesticide exposures occur and their role in creating conditions for the development of some of the more common neurological and/or metabolic disorders such as autism, Alzheimer's, and ADHD.
1. Recognize the agricultural crops most likely to contain pesticide residues.
2. Describe how chlorine is used as a pesticide in agricultural and food manufacturing processes.
3. Explain how co-exposures can impact health and development.
4. Become familiar with the role of certain pesticides in creating the problem of antibiotic resistant super bacteria.
5. Explain how you can reduce your overall pesticide exposure.
1. Read Chapter 3 of your Unsafe At Any Meal book.
2. Review the Food Ingredient and Health Research Institute (FIHRI) webpage on pesticides at the following link. Read some of the references provided at the end of their webpage and determine if they support the findings presented by FIHRI.